I am FALLing so far behind schedule.
No pun intended. Ha! Seriously, it’s 5 days before Halloween, and I still haven’t even bought my dear daughter a costume. My inner martha stewart is so dissapointing this year. [insert mommy guilt here]
Here is a personal list of the things I need/ wanna accomplish before the first snowfall. (Can you tell I’m hard on myself?)
- Seasonal baking and cooking. Some examples include, homemade butternut squash soup, a hearty crock pot meal and an apple tart.
- Make some sweet fall treats. I would love to create a pumpkin white chocolate drink. Or I can accept the fact that starbucks will just have to do. On that same thought, perhaps I’ll have to settle with a store bought candied apple.
- Carve some pumpkins. Goodness gracious! I’ve had a few lonely pumpkins for the past 4 weeks waiting to be jazzed up.
- Get Izzie a costume (ASAP)!!! Okay this is serious. I have the feeling, I’ll be one frustrated mama t-minus 24 hours before October 31st.
- Buy my little girl fall outer wear. I can actually pat myself on the back for this one. kinda. I will mentality check off the list for 1 hat and pair of boots. Still she could use an extra pair. Like a that whimsical owl hat. Isn’t it just too cute?
- A romantic date night. A night out would blow our minds. Like woah!!! but a bottle of bubbly (or an appletini), a cozy blanket and a chick flick would make for a sweet evening. First, I need to master getting my little one to bed before hubby and I both turn into pumpkins.
For some festival fall inspiration, check out my board on pinterest. It’s more or less a bigger and better version of this list.